It may not be on your radar, but there are important factors to consider when determining if your college student needs life insurance. While students of all ages are currently making their way to the digital and physical seats in college classrooms, higher education – particularly undergraduate college – is defined by younger attendees. Fresh […]
In most places in the United States, March 8 is Daylight Saving, when clocks are moved forward one hour. We here at Novallus Insurance Brokers want to remind you it’s also a great time to improve your family’s safety.
Take 10 minutes and check these 3 things every time your clock changes:
- Smoke Alarms: Health and safety agencies often use the approach of Daylight Saving Time to remind people to change the batteries in their smoke alarms. The American Red Cross suggests you test your smoke alarms and talk with your family about your fire escape plan. Whether you live in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado, or elsewhere, practice the plan too – at least twice a year.
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 400 people die annually in the US from carbon monoxide poisoning. The CDC recommends changing the batteries in your CO detectors when moving your clocks forward this Sunday.
- Check your Emergency Preparedness Kit: WHAT?! You don't have one? Here are 2 sites to check for some great material:
- Gallon Ideas - Yes, you can turn a 5-Gallon bucket into an emergency preparedness kit. Followthis link to learn how,
- Ready.gov - There are definitely some helpful tips here.
We here at Novallus Insurance Brokers hope these tips help and that you’ll consider sharing them with the people you care about so they can live safer lives too.