It may not be on your radar, but there are important factors to consider when determining if your college student needs life insurance. While students of all ages are currently making their way to the digital and physical seats in college classrooms, higher education – particularly undergraduate college – is defined by younger attendees. Fresh […]
- Paint something, anything: Whether you want a new color, or just a fresh coat, new paint can work wonders inside your home — and don’t think you have to limit yourself to the walls! You can paint your kitchen’s backsplash for a new look, or even old vinyl flooring to make it look like stone tile.
- Dress up your old furniture: That couch has seen better days, but instead of taking it to the dump, give it new life with a slipcover — or have the whole thing reupholstered. You’ll be surprised at the difference it makes.
- Change up your rugs: Area rugs are a great way to add color throughout your home. Replace old ones with new colors and patterns, or put a few down in new places. You could even buy extras in different styles and swap them out regularly for a fresh look.
- Light things up: Installing LED lighting strips under your cabinets isn’t expensive, and they provide more than light — they can give your kitchen a polished, upscale feel. Another option: Replace lamps (or even just lamp shades) or overhead lighting to change the look of a room dramatically.
- Switch out those switch covers: Have basic or cheap-looking covers surrounding light switches and power outlets? This is one of the easiest updates you can make — new covers will give you a real bang for your buck in terms of visual impact.
- Don’t spend a thing: For a truly different feel, rearrange the furniture in a room; it’s free and effective. And if you’ve got clutter around the house (and who doesn’t?), simply putting things away can make a big difference.
- More paint, please: No, you don’t have to paint your entire exterior to have an impact. You can touch up trim, paint or stain fences and decks, and for maximum impact, repaint your doors! A bright new look for your front door can really make things pop.
- Add plants: No room for a garden? Don’t want to dig up the yard? No problem! Adding container plants on your porch or deck is a great way to enhance your home’s appearance. They don’t cost much and can be swapped out easily, too.
- Go by the numbers: When’s the last time you looked at your house numbers? If they’re worn or dated, this is an easy and inexpensive fix.
- Knock knock: A fancy (or even not-so-fancy) door-knocker can really dress up your front door. An updated doorbell can be a nice touch, too.
Top image by Flickr user Phil Roeder used under Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 2.0 license. Image cropped and modified from original.
Source: SafeCo Agents